DJ Gear: Coaching Video & Bonus Training
Welcome to the first of five personalised coaching videos to help you improve in the Five Elements of DJing: Gear, Music, Techniques, Playing Out and Promoting Yourself. In today’s module I’ve got recommendations for you on how you can improve your score in the Gear category, where you scored in the medium bracket on the test.
Your bonus training resources
- 7 Rules Of Music Organisation For Digital DJs – Moving from records and CDs to digital music can be daunting, especially for DJs, who need a lean, mean collection for easy spinning. Here are some ageless tips
- 7 Laptop Tips For Trouble-Free DJing – Even if you think your laptop is performing OK, the last thing you want is for it to let you down mid-set. This simple checklist should give you peace of mind that it won’t
- What To Do When The Music Stops – No DJ system is infallible, so having a well thought-out, well-rehearsed “plan B” is essential for any DJ who cares about being professional when playing out. This comprehensive article is full of ideas
- 5 Essential Skills For DJing In Any Situation On Any Gear – Being able to walk up to any DJ system and do the business is a mark of a good DJ. In this article, we break down the essentials that make that possible
- How To Plug Into A Club Mixer – It’s not obvious how you’re meant to rig your gear up in a club if you haven’t done it before. Here’s how
Got questions? Please don’t hesitate to ask: You can email Digital DJ Tips at firstname.lastname@example.org.