Last updated 4 April, 2019
In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Music Radar on dance phenom Sigala’s top tips when it comes to making your own music. We’ve also got articles from The Independent, Forbes, Electronic Beats and The Guardian. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 5 DJ/Producer Truths You Should Know – Chart topping producer Sigala shares what he’s learned so far in his music production journey, and the lessons are applicable whether you’re producing in a top-shelf facility or in your own bedroom. Music Radar has it Read the article
- Dance Music Is Always Changing – Carl Cox gets cosy with The Independent in this exclusive interview where he talks about the current shift in dance music away from EDM and into heavier techno and acid house territory Read the article
- The World’s Highest-Paid DJs Of 2018 – Forbes has put out its annual list of dance music multi-millionaires, and it’s still populated with DJ/producers who tour heavily and put out music consistently Read the article
- Ambient Rave Parties Are A Thing – Want to know what it’s like to spin at a show where everyone’s asleep? Find out in this piece from Electronic Beats Read the article
- “Why am I playing other people’s music?” – If you listen to pop playlists on Spotify or the radio, you’ve no doubt come across Jonas Blue. Learn why the fresh-faced DJ decided to start producing his own tunes from the get-go. The Guardian has it Read the article
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.