Last updated 4 April, 2019
In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with an interview from Ibiza Voice with Eats Everything where he gives mental hacks for pulling through a “bad” gig. We’ve also got pieces from Ozy, Decoded Magazine, The Verge and Mixmag. Have a great weekend ahead!
- “DJing Is A Huge Mental Battle With Yourself” – Ibiza Voice sits down with touring favourite and label boss Eats Everything to chat about DJing and his coping strategies for when things don’t seem to be going well behind the decks Read more
- How AI Is Changing The Way Hits Are Made – This deep dive by The Verge takes a look at the production process of Taryn Southern’s next album which is co-produced by a variety of helper AI apps and services that specialise in crafting tunes at the touch of a button Watch it
- Meet The DJ With 1000 Walkmans – Vinyl isn’t the only physical format enjoying a resurgence: tapes are slowly making their way back. Check out this DJ who spins at gigs using a host of portable cassette players. Ozy has it Read more
- Up Close With B.Traits – Check out this exclusive interview from Decoded Magazine with BBC Radio 1 host and DJ/producer B.Traits Read more
- The Art Of Club Design – A lot of thought goes into creating an immersive venue. Mixmag chats with three of the most innovative club designers in dance music today to find out what goes on behind the entire process Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.