In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a set of playlists from 8tracks that’s got all you need to trace the origins and evolution of hip-hop from the 80s up to the early 2000s. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, Flypaper, and DJ Techtools. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Hip-Hop 101: Evolution Of A Phenomenon – Check out this 38-hour long collection of playlists on 8tracks where only the best tunes from legendary rappers, MCs and producers make the cut Read more
- Why DJs Should Try Promoting – This piece from Mixmag talks about the virtues of learning how to throw your own parties and how it helps you gain a deeper understanding of club culture Read more
- Mixing Vs Mastering Explained – Flypaper distills the essential differences between the two production processes so you know whether your track just needs that final polish, or you need to do a lot more work to get it ready for the world Read more
- Is The DJ World Ready For Streaming? – Music streaming is set to be a gamechanger for DJs, but what do gigging DJs really think of it? DJ Techtools shares some highlights from the recent IMS Ibiza 2019 panel on the future of DJ booths Read more
- How To Look Out For Yourself In The DJ Industry – If you want to play the long game, you’ve got to learn to set boundaries and stand your ground when people try to push you around. Mixmag shows you how Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.