We’ve been filming modules for our Digital DJ Masterclass course at Cafe Del Mar in Marbella, Spain this week (well, someone’s got to do it…) – but in-between video takes we managed to get time to cast an eye over what’s going on in our DJ & music news feed – here’s the best of around the web in the last seven days. Have a great weekend!
- The Importance of Playing Out – Lots of parallels with DJing in this musican-focused article about the importance of performing in public, from Music Tuts Read more
- 26% of UK Youth Who Purchase Music In Physical Formats Don’t Buy To Listen – Anecdotally I agree as I’ve met many people who buy records but don’t own a record player! Hypebot does the reporting… Read more
- Digital Music Services And The Rise Of EDM – Ryan Farish explains to Hypebot why EDM and services like Pandora have grown hand-in-hand… we strongly agree with what he says Read more
- Four Great Budget Microphones for DJs – If you can’t even be bothered clicking through and want a mic, buy the Shure SM58 (which DJ Tech Tools left out, weirdly)… Read more
- Video: Three Kittens Scratching – Sorry, but three kittens discovering the joys of vinyl and the crossfader for the first time couldn’t be left out this week… Read more
What do you think of any of the stories above? Have you got a news story from around the web you’d like to share with us? Are you DJing anywhere exciting this week? Let us know in the comments below!