In today’s Friday Roundup, Wunderground uncovers a dastardly plot by “the man”; Kaskade reacts to what SoundCloud did to his mixes; a look at the true meaning of success in the newly-glamorised world of DJing; how to use social media to grow an organic fan base; and why (being serious for a second) piracy truly robs everyone. All these stories and more are shortlisted for you in our weekly muster of the best DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend!
- Universal Music & SoundCloud Copyright The Entire Spectrum Of Sound – You’ll never guess what SoundCloud and Universal have been cooking up (according to Wunderground…) – the “truth” will shock you! Read more
- Five Cheap DJ Tricks And How To Avoid Them – DJ Techtools gives a rundown of five DJing cliches. We don’t agree with them all 100%, but the site has a point… Read more
- What Defines Modern DJ Success? – What does success really mean in the DJ business today? Traktor Tips gives us food for thought Read more
- How Luciano Got 2 Million Social Media Followers – Promotion is a key aspect in furthering your DJ career and influence. Check out on JustGo how Luciano leveraged social media to a spectacular degree Read more
- Kaskade’s Big Move Following His SoundCloud Ban – After having his music taken down from SoundCloud recently, Kaskade announced big plans to “stick it to the man”, again as reported by JustGo Read more
- Piracy Kills EDM, Too! – Despite the megabuck DJ/producer earnings you see touted by mass media, music piracy is disastrous for all music makers, as DJ Mag points out… Read more
- Ibiza’s Top 10 Dance Tracks – A countdown of the hottest summer tracks on the White Island, via In the Mix/Shazam. Get the vibe even if you can’t go… Read more
Share your thoughts on these articles in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!