In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got an increasingly relevant article on the DJ’s role in a music festival, a selection of this year’s top summer tunes as picked by the world’s biggest DJs, and a look at an app that helps you manage multiple iTunes libraries. All that and more in this week’s edition of our DJ news muster from around the web. Have a great weekend ahead!
- What’s The DJ’s Role In Music Festivals? – Are DJs today supposed to play songs that people know by heart, or should they be opening the eyes and ears of their audience to music they haven’t heard before? THUMP investigates how the festival DJ set has essentially turned into a concert Read more
- Learn A New Tempo Transition Trick – DJ Techtools shows us an effect technique that you can use in your DJ sets to transition between songs with wildly different BPMs Read more
- 2015’s Summer Bangers Predicted – Jamie Jones, Laidback Luke, and Hardwell, among others, pick tunes they feel will be this year’s biggest floor-fillers. YourEDM has it Read more
- Listen To 100 House Songs In 1 Hour – Producer tandem L’Tric has come out with a 60 minute mix that traces the history of house music until the 2000s. Get schooled at inthemix Read more
- Supersync iTunes Manager Reviewed – Check out this app that lets you manage and sync multiple iTunes libraries across all your devices. DJ Techtools has the review Read more
- Review: Oyaide DJ Cables – Mojaxx over at DJ City takes a look at some high-quality DJ cables from Oyaide Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in our comments section below.