In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a piece on what a handful of jocks think DJing and being a DJ is all about, a top ten list of the best Essential Mix sessions from Ibiza, and why your favourite DJs are on LinkedIn. All that and more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend, folks!
- What Makes A “Real DJ” Anyway? – inthemix sets out to learn what other DJs think being a true DJ means in 2015 Read more
- 10 Best Techno Tracks Over 10 Minutes Long – Dubfire picks out his top 10 techno bangers that clock in over the 10-minute mark. Dummy has the list Read more
- 10 Classic Essential Mixes For The Weekend – From Jose Padilla and Sasha to Underworld and Eric Prydz, tune in to this list of Essential Mix classics from the White Isle. inthemix has it Read more
- 5 Ways To Use Sample Packs Creatively – Using loops and samples is a quick way to get your production sounding great. Check out these quick tips on how to give them a unique sound in your mix. Magnetic Magazine has it Read more
- Here’s Why Instagram Banned #EDM – Contrary to people cheekily thinking Instagram has come to its senses, the real reason has more to do with NSFW photos than heart signs and arm kandi. Thump has the scoop Read more
- Why Are All Your Favourite DJs On LinkedIn? – The professional networking and recruitment website has a lot of notable DJs signed up. Is it possible to hire Pete Tong? Thump explores Read more
Feel free to comment on these articles in the section below.