In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a piece on why it’s important to work with others in order to get ahead in today’s music industry. We’ve also got a study that looks at a new way to categorise music beyond genres, and some electronic music documentaries to catch this weekend. All that and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news from around the web.
- Rise To The Top By Working Together – If you want to go fast in the music industry, go alone. If you want to go farther, go together. Check out this piece by Magnetic Magazine Read more
- All Music Falls Under These Three Attributes – These characteristics can help you sort your music in buckets that cross aesthetic boundaries. Digital Music News has it Read more
- Why Do So Many DJs Look So Bored? – Are these guys “deep in it”, or cat napping standing up? Thump explores Read more
- 5 Lessons Younger DJs Can Learn from Older DJs – These DJing fundamentals are timeless. Know them so you can pass them on to your great grandkids. BPM Supreme has the piece Read more
- We Watched Carl Cox At England’s House of Commons – Check out what went down at the House Of Commons this past weekend. Thump has it Read more
- 10 Electronic Music Culture Documentaries – Dubspot rounded up some great dance music and DJ films for your weekend viewing Read more
- What Would Your Favourite DJs Be As Drinks? – The site’s called Carl Cocktails, and it’s got your heroes as party drinks Read more
- What’s Your Album Art IQ? – Kill some time with this album art quiz by the Red Bull Music Academy Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the section below.