In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we discussed how to improve your acapella mixing, DJing with wireless speakers, the best club gig etiquette when plugging in a DJ controller, and more!
NOTE: There’s a skip at 4 minutes where we cut out a technical issue, sorry for the jump
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 3:15 This week in DJ news
- 4:11 Apps in addition to DJ software
- 6:01 Why do big clubs prefer Pioneer DJ separate players like the CDJ-3000s instead of standalone units?
- 8:19 Can I play really old music formats on new CDJs?
- 9:49 Is there a way to adjust the tempo slider speed?
- 22:38 How long do RCA cables need to be before you get interference?
- 14:48 Do paid Rekordbox DJ software users also get the Rekordbox Mobile app?
- 25:54 How can I fix DJ controller audio outputs that aren’t working?
- 27:19 In Horizontal view, what are the small lines at the top of Serato DJ Pro?
- 20:28 What’s the smallest Rekordbox DJ controller in the world?
- 21:27 How can I improve the timing while mixing acapellas?
- 25:18 Can I use Soundboks wireless speakers for DJing at parties?
- 28:46 At a club gig, how do I plug in a controller while another DJ is playing?
- 31:20 What DVS works with an iPad?
- 37:26 How can I transfer Engine DJ music files into Serato DJ Pro?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course