In this week’s Friday Roundup, a row about whether DJing is fine art, reportage from DJing a sex party, and some valuable lessons from the world of marketing that could help you kickstart your career. It’s all here in our regular trawl around the web…
- Chicago Official Says DJing Isn’t “Fine Art” – It’s all about tax, but opens the debate as to whether DJing is as much an art for as any other… RA has it Read More
- AGNT: The AirBnB for DJ Gigs? – It’s a nice idea, but will something like this really take off? DJ TechTools has the story Read more
- Cut Class With DJ Angelo – Tighten up your scratching in this BPM Supreme video tutorial from one of our favourite scratch DJs Read More
- How DJing a Sex Party Taught Me Empathy – It’s as good a story as any you’ll read this week! From Thump – Read More
- Rekord Buddy 2 Launches Early September – DJWorx reports on the imminent release of the tool to help DJs move from one software to another Read More
- 7 Lessons We Can All Learn From Marketing Guru Seth Godin – Just look at this list and tell me that something on here doesn’t apply to your DJing career. Get real to get ahead… Read More
Please feel free to give us your feedback on any of these issues in the comments below. Have a great weekend!