In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag that explores how some of the longest-running DJs continue to stay on the cutting edge of dance music. We’ve also got pieces from Rolling Stone, Magnetic Magazine, Time and DJ Mag. Have a good weekend ahead!
- No Heritage Acts In Dance – Unlike legacy rock bands that tour on the strength of their back catalogue of old hits, veteran DJs like Carl Cox, DJ Harvey and Gilles Peterson are known to push the envelope, dropping fresh tunes and weaving different styles of electronic music. Mixmag has it Read more
- Music Help Brands Sell More – This piece by Magnetic Magazine takes a look at how mood music can be used to influence buying behaviours. Definitely something to keep in mind the next time you’re out shopping Read more
- How Diplo Stays Ahead Of The Curve – One of the biggest dance producers today dishes on the state of pop music and how he feels about being “ripped off”. Rolling Stone has it Read more
- A Night Out With DJ Paris Hilton – Whether you like it or not, Paris Hilton has become an in-demand DJ with a bookings calendar that rivals even the busiest touring jocks. Learn about her hustle and find out what a gig night’s like for her in this piece by Time Read more
- 11 Iconic DJs On Their Biggest Influences – Nina Kraviz, Eats Everything, James Zabiela and other big DJs talk about the acts that inspired them to pick up a pair of headphones and get behind the decks. DJ Mag has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.