In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from ZDNet that focuses on a Prague club’s freshly installed robot DJ and how DJs can be resistant to automation. We’ve also got pieces from Ad Age, The New York Times, Independent, and Magnetic Magazine. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Here’s The Secret To Being An Automation-Resistant DJ – A robot DJ arm was in the news last month because it appeared that it could spin the way humans do at a club. This piece by ZDNet digs deeper into what it does and what it can’t do, which is where the secret to being “automation-resistant” comes in Read more
- Is The Music Industry Better Than Ever? – This piece from Ad Age flips the “music industry is dead” notion on its head by claiming that the music business is back, thanks to several factors including streaming services and the spike in music consumption Read more
- A DJ Could Save Your Life Tonight – The art form of DJing goes beyond playing one song after another. Check out this article from The New York Times that unpacks how an evening out can turn into a transformative life-changing experience in the hands of a skilled DJ Read more
- 7 Female DJs Storming Dance Music – From Helena Hauff to Hannah Wants, these DJs are taking over dancefloors around the world with their impeccable selections and tight mixing skills. Independent has it Read more
- 9 Of Dance Music’s Biggest Trends – Magnetic Magazine lists what it thinks are the current trends in the world of dance that should either continue or be left in the past Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.