In this week’s Friday Five, check out our lead piece from Flypaper on why you should make gig booking a priority in your DJing. We’ve also got pieces from Forbes, Decoded Magazine, DJ Techtools, and Electronic Beats. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Why You Should Always Be Booking Gigs – Setting aside time and energy to book DJ gigs has tons of benefits apart from actually getting the gig. This piece from Flypaper explains why you should always be booking Read more
- 10 Big Room House Gems For Today’s Crates – Top up your crates with these less obvious tracks from the turn of the 21st century. Electronic Beats has it Read more
- “It’s Not Enough To Just Play Records” – Berlin-based DJ/producer Martin Roth explains why song selection isn’t enough anymore in today’s dancefloors that have been primed by social media and the digital age. Decoded Magazine has it Read more
- Why Big Brands Love DJs – You’ve probably spotted DJs spinning at fast fashion outlets, high street shops and even gym chains. Sure they look cool, but there’s another reason why “store performances” are in demand. Forbes breaks it down, along with other new DJ industry insights Read more
- Tips For Mixing Long Blends – This DJ Techtools interview with DJ/producer Yotto has some tips and tricks for executing long blends between two or more songs, often using nothing but EQ and filters Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.