In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we discussed Decksaver covers for your gear, how to book DJ gigs globally, DMX lighting, and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 2:03 This week in DJ news
- 9:15 Why did my new DJ gear crash during a gig?
- 11:21 Does Serato DJ work with the DDJ-FLX10 DMX lighting port?
- 12:13 Any tips for DJing outside my town?
- 16:17 Why don’t more producers use GarageBand?
- 17:35 What happened to your Balcony Beats videos on YouTube?
- 20:27 Can I connect to lighting with my Rekordbox gear such as the XDJ-RX3?
- 21:33 Are Decksavers worth it?
- 22:49 How many cameras are in the Digital DJ Tips studio?
- 24:07 Can I use a Rane Twelve with the REV7 mixer?
- 25:59 What’s the best software for DMX lighting?
- 26:35 What DJ gear is appropriate for a wedding gig?
- 28:09 Which entry-level standalone gear do you recommend?
- 29:29 How can I calm my nerves before a DJ gig?
- 30:57 Can I backup streaming music offline?
- 31:40 How can I make a budget DJ controller run on portable power?
- 33:38 Any tips for mixing with the various EQs on the Xone:92 mixer?
- 35:20 How can I activate the sampler on my Pioneer DJ standalone gear?
- 38:50 What DJ gear do I need to prepare for club gigs?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course