Last updated 25 October, 2019
In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Digital Music News on why it’s so important to build a local following first before branching out to other cities or regions. We’ve also got pieces from Decoded Magazine, DIY Musician, DJ Mag and Mixmag. Have a great weekend ahead!
- How To Make It Big In Your Hometown – Want to be a big star? Start small – here’s why and how to be the hometown hero DJ. Digital Music News has it Read more
- What Exactly Is Mastering? – If you’ve been making music, you’ve heard about mastering as the “final polish” that magically makes everything sound better. But how does it do that? DIY Musician explains Read more
- “Music Is Not A Competition” – Emerging house and techno phenom Squire talks about why making it in music isn’t about being better than others. Decoded Magazine has it Read more
- Stream 239GB Of Techno Mixes Right Now – Can’t get enough of hard hitting techno and progressive music? Check out this massive archive of live DJ mixes from the likes of Sven Väth and Chris Liebing. DJ Mag has it Read more
- How Charlotte De Witte Created Career Momentum – The Belgian DJ/producer is the perfect superstar DJ for today’s multi-hyphenate, always-connected generation of clubbers. Pick up a few tricks and apply them to your own DJing – Mixmag has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.