Last updated 10 May, 2023
In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we talked about the upcoming Rekordbox mobile app, all sorts of DJ controllers, how to deal with bad requests, and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 5:59 What should DJs know about the upcoming timeline based DJ software, eg Mixmeister and DJ.Studio?
- 9:25 Should I buy the Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX4 or the DDJ-400?
- 10:17 Sometimes the same song will have different keys in record pools and DJ software – which one is accurate?
- 16:06 What’s the best audio interface for recording DJ sets?
- 20:10 What’s a good USB microphone that works in small venues?
- 21:25 Will the Rekordbox mobile app be better than djay Pro AI?
- 21:46 Will there be an FLX version of the DDJ-1000 that works with every software?
- 22:21 What DJ course would you recommend for a beginner?
- 24:04 I need to clean up my DJ library – Is Lexicon DJ any good?
- 26:25 Does the Mixing For Mobile & Wedding DJs course work for club and bar DJs?
- 32:30 When will the new Rekordbox mobile app arrive?
- 35:00 What’s going on with the new Rane DJ controller?
- 37:15 What 4-channel DJ controller should I upgrade to?
- 40:41 What’s the best DJ download pool?
- 48:07 Do crowds notice when DJs mix in key?
- 52:54 How do you deal with bad requests?
- 58:54 Have you ever successfully mixed rock and roll or metal at a DJ gig?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course