In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve found for you a list of tips for DJing the perfect opening slot, the top 20 dance music tracks of the year (according to DJ Mag, at least), and some things you should always do right after your DJ set. It’s all here in this week’s muster of DJ news. Have a great weekend!
- 5 Steps To The Perfect Warm Up DJ Set – Playing the opening DJ set and setting the mood for the night is an art form that’s lost on a lot of new and young DJs exposed primarily to festival culture. Find out how to execute the perfect warm up DJ set in this article from THUMP Read more
- Top 20 Dance Tracks Of 2014 – Top up your DJ library with this year’s biggest floor shakers. DJ Mag has the countdown Read more
- Great Ways To Get No One To Come To Your DJ Gig – DJ Techtools shortlists its favourite techniques for achieving an empty dancefloor come gig night Read more
- Social Media Cheat Sheet For DJs – Know when to post, what to post, and where to post it using this handy infographic from DIY Musician Read more
- 5 Things You Should Always Do After A DJ Gig – You’ve prepared for your DJ set and played it well, now follow through and cap the entire evening with class. Follow these post-gig tips from Sonicbids Read more
- DJ Earworm’s United State Of Pop 2014 – It’s the ultimate year-ender pop mixtape from the maestro of mashups, now on its fifth year! Watch it
Want to comment on any of the articles above? Feel free to do so in the section below.