Last updated 18 August, 2023
In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we discussed how to DJ warm up sets, the best digital music file quality, DJing without gear, and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 4:54 The 5 Steps For DJing Success
- 5:43 What’s new at Digital DJ Tips
- 8:22 What’s the quality when ripping music from a CD? Is there a best practice for archiving CDs to digital format?
- 11:45 Where can I buy a copy of “Rock The Dancefloor!”?
- 12:38 Should I buy the Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3 to learn to DJ with?
- 14:30 Can the Rane Twelve work with Rekordbox DJ software? (answer 41:14)
- 15:03 Is the Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX still worth buying?
- 15:19 How can I make my laptop run smoothly when DJing?
- 17:08 How can I rip cassette tapes to digital?
- 18:21 Can I DJ without gear?
- 22:11 Should I pass gigs along to other DJs?
- 22:56 Will Spotify ever come back to DJ software?
- 25:21 What DJ laptop should I get for using Stems?
- 28:54 Is there an online DJ course for total beginners?
- 35:03 Any tips for DJing a warm up set?
- 37:28 Do you have to use DJ software stems just to pull vocals from a song?
- 38:08 What is the best policy when DJing a gig: taking a chance with something new, or playing it safe with something “overplayed”?
- 41:43 Should I buy turntables or Rane Twelves?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course