In this week's Friday Roundup, we've got a feature on why great DJs aren't afraid to take risks during their sets, even if it means clearing the floor just to try something new. We've also got a piece that ponders whether DJing's lowered barriers to entry have killed the art form (spoiler: they haven't). These and more in our weekly roundup of news.
- Serato Partners With Roland, New Project Underway
- Pioneer DJ XDJ-1000MK2 Launched, Improves Browsing
- Launchpad For iOS Lets You Jam With Other Music Apps
Features & Opinion
Here we go again... with people seemingly having lots of fun scratching halfway up mountains on portable turntables ("portablism", dontcha know), Numark has rushed out a new take on its PT01 portable deck, with a "scratch switch" built in to let DJs cut in/out from a backing track fed in via a phone or similar.
More Features & Opinion
- Latest DJ Headphones: 5 Of The Best
- Are You Accidentally Killing The Electronic Music Industry?
- One Thing You Should Never Do Right Before A DJ Gig...