In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a complete rundown of headphones used by the entire DJ Mag Top 100 DJs list, what to do when your gear gets nicked, and a look at how some songs earn the status of “unplayable”. All these and more in this week’s muster of DJ news from around the web! Happy weekend, folks!
- What Headphones Are Used By The DJ Mag Top 100? – Find out what cans the world’s most popular DJs are using onstage. Equipboard has the full list Read more
- Labels Get Onboard With Stems – Having just launched its new multitrack file format, Native Instruments has hundreds of record labels signing up for Stems according to Resident Advisor Read more
- 10 Most Sampled Tracks In House Music – You’ve probably heard at least one of these tunes some way or other. Traxsource has the list Read more
- Akai’s APC40 MKII Reviewed – DJ Worx has taken to task Akai’s APC40 MKII, the update to its immensely popular APC40 Ableton Live controller Read more
- What To Do When Your DJ / Production Gear Gets Stolen – Follow these steps from DJ Techtools in case your kit gets nicked Read more
- Verify Your Social Media Profiles – You’re a DJ, of course you’ve got stuff like Facebook Pages and a Twitter / Instagram account – here’s what you can do to get verified at these social media sites. Decoded Magazine has it Read more
- Why Do Some Record Become Unplayable? – Using Darude’s Sandstorm as a case study, explore how a track gets to earn this state of dancefloor infamy. THUMP has it Read more
- Check Out A-Track’s New Scratch Routine – The founder of the #RealDJing hashtag has put on a brand new, sick routine. Check it out on inthemix Watch it
- Dance Politics: Revolution, Or A Simple Escape? – Equaliser London looks at the sociopolitical past of disco, and defends the modern dancefloor as a space to escape Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles above in the comments below, and once again, have a great weekend!