In this week’s Friday Roundup, we lead with a piece that gives you seven simple steps to starting your own music festival. We’ve also got a look at what club DJing’s like when you’re past your 40s (hint: it’s still great, but totally harder to wake up from a hangover), and a look at some new in-ear monitors meant for dance music enthusiasts (eg DJs). All these and more in our weekly roundup of DJ news.
- How To Start Your Own Music Festival – Check out these tips from Thump on how to successfully throw your own large-scale events Read more
- The Truth About Being A Middle-Aged DJ – Can the “club DJ life” be had without the hedonism and naughtiness? DJ Red Rack ‘Em tells it like it is. Mixmag has it Read more
- Korg Gadget Is Now A Free Download – Korg’s giving away its Mac-based Gadget digital audio workstation. Fact Magazine has it Read more
- Pump Audio In-Ear Monitor Reviewed – DJ Worx tries out a pair of in-ear monitors (IEMs) developed for dance music enthusiasts Read more
- DJ Fong Fong Scratches Over A Beat Made From A Needle – Check out DJ Fong Fong’s latest turntablism routine that heavily features the sound of… a turntable stylus? BPM Supreme has the video Watch it
- Spotify Takes A Stand In The Loudness Wars – Spotify just lowered the overall loudness of tracks on its platform. Find out what this means for you as a listener and a DJ/producer. Ask Audio has it Read more
- Audioblocks Loop & Sample Site Reviewed – Our pals at DJ Techtools takes a look at this subscription-based sound service Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.