Last week, Rane announced that it was coming out with “two important and exciting new products” for DJs. Just a few minutes ago, images started floating around from the DMC 2017 US Championships of a new two-channel mixer called the Rane Seventy-Two.
What we know so far:
- It’s got two FX paddles like the Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 scratch mixer. The layout looks quite similar to the DJM-S9 as well, at least the lower half
- A new Mag Three X3 crossfader is onboard, and it has contour controls in the front of the unit
- There are eight hot cue pads per deck, along with pad selectors for Loop, Loop Roll, Sampler, Slicer, and Pitch Play
- It has three FX selector buttons and a new “Flex FX” button
- It has a screen in the middle (Pioneer DJ DJM-909 anyone?). The pictures don’t show it being used as a touchscreen, however there is a “Touch FX” button below it. Could it also be used for library browsing and viewing waveforms?
- It’s got two USB inputs for connecting “Turntable Deck 1” and “Turntable Deck 2”. Are USB turntables the second half of Rane’s new offering?
This story is breaking and we’ll be adding more details as it develops.
Check the photo gallery below.
What are your thoughts on this mixer? Do you like it more than the Pioneer DJ DJM-S9? Let us know your thoughts below.