In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with an interview from Billboard with dance music luminary Danny Tenaglia where he talks about how Traktor rekindled his passion for getting behind the decks. We’ve also got pieces from Mixmag, Resident Advisor, DIY Musician and Fact Mag. Have a great weekend!
- How Traktor Renewed My Love Of DJing – Legendary DJ and producer Danny Tenaglia chats with Billboard and talks about the “lost art” of DJ residencies, the secrets to his longevity in the music industry, and how Traktor and his multi-deck approach to spinning made him fall in love with DJing all over again Read more
- What Happens When A DJ Loses Everything – If you’ve ever misplaced a pair of headphones or a few leads and felt awful about it, imagine losing all your kit! Mixmag chats with three DJ/producers about their traumatic experiences losing all their gear while on tour, how they bounced back, and how to avoid gear theft and loss Read more
- Chaos & Solitude: The DJ/Producer Life – Resident Advisor sits down with DJ/producer Roman Flügel to ask him how he is able to strike a balance between being an introverted studio producer and playing to a packed room full of sweaty clubbers Read more
- How To Set Specific DJ Career Goals – The best way to make sure you’re progressing in your DJing is to write down goals and make them as detailed as possible. This piece by DIY Musician shows you how to avoid setting hazy goals Read more
- Can Music Make You Sick? – There’s a ton of pressure to become a success in the music industry, so much so that artists are willing to live through painful experiences, sub-standard living conditions and “haters” online just to create their art. Check out this deep dive by Fact Mag Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.