In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Magnetic Magazine on the DJ whose polarising performance stole the show at Tomorrowland. We’ve also got articles from Mixmag, The Guardian, Music Business Worldwide and The Outline. Have a good weekend ahead!
- How DJ Culture & Tomorrowland Got Trolled – DJ Salvatore Ganacci brought his antics to a global stage at this past weekend’s Tomorrowland festival. Was the viral performance a legitimate DJ set or just another gimmick? Magnetic Magazine explores Read the article
- Do Big Line-Ups Kill The Vibe In A Club? – Mixmag suggests that having too many DJs playing 60-minute sets in a single event makes for a disjointed experience for the dancefloor. Should longer sets be the norm again? Read the article
- Raving On The Edges – London’s vibrant nightlife has experienced setbacks due to regulations in the past few years, so organisers and promoters are taking their parties to the megacity’s fringes. The Guardian has it Read the article
- The Music Industry Is Witnessing The End Of Failure – In a Spotify-fuelled streaming world where the barriers to music making and promoting have never been lower, this article from Music Business World argues that industry “failure” in the traditional sense has ceased to exist Read the article
- What It’s Like To DJ A Sex Party – Also, why it doesn’t have to sound like some cheesy 70s porn. The Outline has it Read the article
Feel free to comment on the articles in the section below.