In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from Mixmag on how some of the world’s best and busiest DJs handle pre-gig jitters. We’ve also got pieces from Red Bull Music Academy, DJ Techtools, Flypaper and DJ Mag. Have a great weekend ahead!
- How The Best DJs Deal With Pre-Gig Jitters – Even the world’s greatest DJs feel anxious before a show. Here’s how they manage to keep their cool before performing in front of thousands. Mixmag has it Read more
- QBert On The Art Of Turntablism – One of turntablism’s living legends dishes on the art form and why scratch culture is so essential to hip-hop. Red Bull Music Academy has it Read more
- What Every Mobile DJ Contract Should Have – Check out this article from our friends over at DJ Techtools for tips on drafting contracts for your professional DJ services Read more
- How To Engage With Your Fans Online – DJing is one thing, but you’re missing out on a chance to forge deeper bonds if you don’t continue the conversation with your audience away from the dancefloor. Flypaper has some ideas on how to do just that Read more
- An 808 Drum Machine For $300? – Behringer just announced the pricing and availability of its copy of the legendary Roland TR-808. DJ Mag has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.