Assistant Content Creator
Digital DJ Tips, the world’s leading website and online training school for DJs, is looking for an Assistant Content Creator to join its growing team.
This is a full-time position. Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, our team is worldwide – so you can be anywhere in the world, as long as your usual eight-hour working day has at least a four-hour overlap with the hours of 8am to 4pm GMT.
- Working with the Head of Content and other team members to conceive, plan, create and publish daily content for our site, YouTube channel and all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more) including producing and checking written/video news items, features, reviews, “newsreel” videos, podcasts and micro-content
- Sourcing pictures/graphics, writing headlines/captions, fact-checking and rewriting/revising content as required
- Helping with the production of our livestreams and webinars as required, which can involve out-of-hours commitments depending on broadcast times: These responsibilities will include monitoring feedback channels, passing information to the presenter/s, and assisting with technical aspects of live broadcasting (including uploading/downloading content, and creating caption files)
- Assisting in the “republishing, repurposing and resurrection” of content to help maximise its reach
- Helping with managing content calendars and keeping our hyper-busy content department organised
- Being available to attend DJ shows and events both a reporter, video reporter and production assistant as required
Requirements for the role:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, new media, online publishing, video journalism, or related
- Experience working in an online media outlet, with the ability to “extract the story” from PR and other news and to reframe such material to bring forward the interests of our audience
- A passion for sharing stories in all formats and across all channels, including news articles, video newsreels, memes, social media posts, video snippets, live reporting, podcasts etc – “going where the audience is”
- Experience creating and editing content using platforms/systems such as WordPress, Google Apps, Final Cut Pro X, ScreenFlow, Adobe Creative Cloud, Switcher Studio (or other software/hardware video broadcasting platforms), podcasting tools, and stock photo and video libraries
- Competence using smartphones, camcorders, DSLRs, lighting, microphones and other such equipment both in studio and in the field for content creation, both as presenter and producer
- A willingness and desire to do everything possible to ensure we bring breaking DJ news to our community faster and better than anyone else
- A deep love of and expertise in DJing and DJ/producing, and a proven ability to convey your thoughts and opinions about these subjects convincingly and compellingly
- Comfortable with, and experience in, working remotely and independently
US$25,000 upwards depending on experience, working av. 40 hours a week as an independent contractor
What to do next
Feel like you’re a good candidate? Please make a three-minute, straight-to-smartphone video telling us about yourself, your experience in the areas above, and why you think you’re perfect for the role, and email it along with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Assistant Content Creator position”.
Candidates who are successful will then be invited to the next stage of application, which typically involves a trial task followed by a formal interview and, where practical, a visit to Digital DJ Tips HQ.