The latest version of the Engine DJ platform, Engine DJ 3.2, is out of beta and now available to all users of Denon DJ and Numark standalone DJ systems. It brings much-improved key sync, a useful day mode, better FX and more.
Read this next: The 6 Best Standalone Systems For DJs
Here is a full list of what’s new:
- Day Mode – “inverts” the screen so it is easier to see it when DJing daytime gigs
- Fuzzy Keymixing – Key syncing to a wider range of compatible keys, as campaigned for for many years by this very school – well done to Engine DJ!
- New FX selection menu on most devices (on-screen selection from grid instead of list) – The Engine team told us this is “currently for the Prime 4 and Prime 4+, this only applies to Touch FX for now – Main FX selection grid will come with a future release”. They also told us that the “Numark Mixstream Pro series only gets this option for Touch FX as the four Main FX are selected with buttons already”
- Improved downbeat detection – Note that your library will need to be re-analysed with Engine DJ desktop to take advantage of this
- New Flex Gate effect
Users can update directly as of today from Engine DJ-powered consoles and via the update feature in the desktop platform.
Stems Beta Update
The Stems public beta for Denon DJ Prime 4+ users is currently scheduled for an imminent release (we are told), so if you’re a Prime 4+ user impatient to try this out, you won’t have to wait too much longer. We’ll bring you more as soon as we have it.
- In other software news, lighting control system SoundSwitch has now reached v2.8 with a whole host of additions and improvements – full details on the SoundSwitch website.