In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we discussed how DJs find music, how to prep for a weekly DJ residency, gear news out of NAMM 2022, and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 4:48 LANDR offers HD WAV files for mastering – are they any good?
- 5:31 My Alesis PA80 amp makes a buzzing noise, how can I fix this problem?
- 6:54 What was DJing like before software waveforms?
- 9:53 How do you prepare for a weekly DJ residency?
- 11:11 What laptop-free sampler can I use with standalone DJ gear, like the Prime 4?
- 14:06 Will Phase DJ work wirelessly with Rekordbox as it does with Serato?
- 17:03 Is it a good idea to DJ without headphones?
- 19:48 Will other DJ brands come out with a single deck like the Denon DJ LC6000?
- 25:35 Does the Numark Mixstream Pro work well with VirtualDJ?
- 26:18 What’s the best upgrade from a Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 controller?
- 26:58 When will we see the new Reloop Mixon 8 review?
- 28:33 I just started DJing, where does everyone get their music?
- 32:05 My music collection is messy, what’s the best way to organise everything before transferring?
- 37:02 Is there any Traktor news besides the Beta release?
- 38:07 What’s the best way to tag and identify songs on Engine OS?
- 42:47 My music is stuttering in Rekordbox, how can I fix the latency?
- 49:57 Any gear news from NAMM Show 2022?
- 51:03 I’m struggling with loading Pitch N Time into Serato, how can I fix this?
- 55:52 Where should I listen to my “DJ ready” tracks and edits that aren’t in a streaming service?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course