In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we discussed where to place booth monitors, the processing power needed for stems, how much to spend on your first DJ set-up, and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 2:13 This week in DJ news
- 4:44 Are the processors in standalone DJ gear powerful enough for Stems?
- 7:49 Should beginner DJs start on older equipment or go for something new? How much should I spend on my first DJ set-up?
- 14:27 Is it okay to leave PA speakers on their stands?
- 14:53 What’s the best platform for promoting your own music?
- 15:28 How much space do Serato Stems take up?
- 17:48 What’s the best placement for DJ booth monitors?
- 19:08 Will Pioneer DJ release a small battery-powered controller to compete with Denon DJ and Numark?
- 20:40 Is there a Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX8 coming?
- 23:50 Why aren’t the horizontal waveforms working on Engine DJ?
- 24:21 Hydration break
- 24:57 What’s the best desk for a DJ set-up?
- 28:02 What should I talk about over my DJ mixes to keep listeners engaged?
- 30:23 Is there an easy way to attach the album artwork to my digital files?
- 33:51 Why is Rekordbox software moving my DJ music around?
- 36:04 Are Rekordbox Stems usable?
- 36:21 Is there a book that’ll help me learn to DJ?
- 38:23 Does the Pioneer DJ DJM-A9 sound as good as the V10 mixer?
- 39:21 What’s a budget way to improve the sound of my DJ sets at a gig?
- 42:47 Where’s the best place to get DJing help?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course