In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we discussed dealing with too many requests at wedding gigs, the best way to find your DJ name, portable DJ gear for air travel, and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 2:57 The DJ gear market is empty – When will the industry stabilise?
- 7:24 What DJ controller should I upgrade to?
- 9:42 Will Serato DJ stop supporting old gear?
- 10:20 Why does Denon DJ release a lot of innovative new features on their gear, but Pioneer DJ does not?
- 15:26 What’s the best way to maintain a loudspeaker system?
- 19:14 Do you prefer the Pioneer DJ DDJ-1000SRT or the REV7?
- 23:27 What are the advantages and disadvantages of DJing with turntables vs controllers?
- 31:17 My DJ controller’s volume fader is acting up – is this fixable or should I upgrade?
- 32:50 How should I handle getting too many requests at a wedding gig?
- 34:07 Are there any wireless in ear monitors (IEMs)?
- 37:20 How can I come up with a good DJ “stage name”?
- 40:14 What’s the best portable DJ set-up for air travel?
- 44:51 How can I mix with salsa/latin music at a DJ gig?
- 46:03 What should I do at a DJ gig in between mixes?
- 53:16 How can I mix like a club DJ at mobile and wedding gigs?
- 1:01:47 Should I use regular headphones or IEMs to DJ with?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course