Last updated 18 August, 2023
In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we discussed whether you should trademark your DJ name, what samplers to use, why vinyl DJing is making a comeback, and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 6:13 Should I trademark my DJ name?
- 8:23 Why do you think vinyl DJing is making a comeback?
- 17:54 Which DJ software has a better, faster workflow – Rekordbox or Serato?
- 18:38 How can I mark songs I’ve already played in a DJ set?
- 22:21 How should I make sure my DJ laptop is optimised?
- 23:50 What speakers do you recommend for small venues?
- 26:49 Any tips for using the Pioneer DJ DDJ-XP2?
- 31:59 How can I get DJ gigs at bars or clubs?
- 33:12 Can I use more than one DJ controller with my Serato DJ Pro license?
- 36:35 What beginner tips do you have for using Serato Studio to make music?
- 37:39 How can I get better at using Stems separation in DJ software?
- 40:44 How much RAM do I need to run both streaming and DJ software?
- 41:18 Should I upgrade from the Pioneer DDJ-SX to the DDJ-800?
- 44:21 Is doing charity gigs for free a good way to grow my DJ business?
- 44:49 What’s the best way to lighten my load for travelling with DJ gear?
- 47:44 I want to try DJing with a cheap turntable – will belt-drive work okay?
- 52:32 What sampler should I get for my standalone DJ system?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course