In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from BBC News on the consistent decline of physical music sales and the rise of streaming. We’ve also got articles from The Guardian, Flypaper, and Decoded Magazine. Have a great weekend ahead!
- Is This The End Of Owning Music? – With CD sales plummeting yet again and vinyl growth seemingly plateauing, are we seeing the end of the road for physical albums as people turn to streaming? BBC News investigates Read more
- 5 Steps To Building A Loyal Tribe – The best way to have a long career in music is to find your audience and to serve it. Here’s how to do just that. Flypaper has it Read more
- Great DJs Tell A Story When They Spin – Australian DJ Jamie Stevens explains why his narrative approach towards DJing and producing resonates. Decoded Magazine has it Read more
- Is Clubbing Dying Out? – According to this piece from The Guardian, nightclubs are under threat as young folk trade nights out for early morning gym sessions. What gives? Read more
- 26 Artists & Music To Watch Out For in 2019 – Don’t sleep on any of these because they’re bound to make a ruckus this year. The Guardian has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.