In this week’s Friday Five, we’re leading with a piece from DIY Musician on music trends that it thinks you should take note of as a DJ and music producer. We’ve also got pieces from The Guardian, Billboard, and Flypaper. Have a great weekend ahead!
- 5 Music Industry Trends For 2020 – From song lengths to the realities of streaming versus physical formats, here’s where DIY Musician thinks the music industry is headed Read more
- How #MeToo Changed Mobile DJing – Billboard talks about how the movement against abusers and offenders has affected the music that DJs play at weddings, birthdays and special events Read more
- How To Write A Pop Hit In 2020 – It’s not about massive, soaring choruses anymore, at least not for now! The Guardian has it Read more
- Goal Setting & Accountability 101 – We’re midway through the first month of the new year. How are your resolutions holding up? Check in with this piece from Flypaper if you need some motivation Read more
- What Gabber Is & Where To Dance To It – This ultra-niche electronic dance genre from the 90s is finally getting its time in the festival sun, with a fresh twist for the new decade. The Guardian has it Read more