Last updated 5 August, 2017
In this week’s Friday Roundup, we’ve got a list of the most legendary albums in the history of dance music, a piece on how playlists are changing the way we listen to music, and a throwback to when house made headlines in Chicago. All these and more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web! Have a great weekend, folks!
- The 99 Greatest Dance Albums Of All Time – THUMP gives us a rundown of the best dance albums from the 20th century up to today Read more
- Bedroom Studio Essentials – Thinking of getting into production? Check out this list of stuff to kit out your bedroom studio from Dubspot Read more
- How Playlists Are Curating The Future Of Music – With music streaming fast becoming the consumption norm, playlists are changing the way we listen. Pitchfork investigates Read more
- How To Record Your DJ Sets With Crowd Noise – Mojaxx from DJ City shows how to capture both your mix and the crowd during your DJ sets Read more
- Music Management: iTunes & Serato Head To Head – Paris Creative compares both apps to see which is better for sorting your music library Read more
- How To Run A Record Label – If you’ve been thinking of putting up your own indie label, The Fader has got some great advice for you Read more
- Watch This Opera Cover A Tiesto Classic – Watch this goosebumps-inducing performance of one my all time favourite trance tunes over at inthemix. Get your glowsticks ready Watch it
- Throwback: House Music Makes Headlines In Chicago – Check this news footage from a Chicago TV station that featured house music way back in 1986 Watch it
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.