Last updated 9 August, 2023
In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we discussed using controller FX, how to backup and store DJ music, wireless DJing tech, and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
Is it best to store DJ music on your laptop or hard drive?
- 9:02 What’s a good way to back up my music and free up space?
- 10:29 When swapping basslines during a mix, do you have any tips for adding more tension or release?
- 16:37 Will Engine DJ give you the option of changing waveforms to RGB?
- 17:33 My MacBook has a hard time broadcasting my livestreams, what should I do to fix it?
- 18:12 How’s the latency with the wireless Dillinger SKAA transmitter when using it with a DJ controller?
- 24:26 Can you DJ with videos on the Pioneer DJ XDJ-XZ?
- 24:56 Is it okay to combine different DJ brands in your set-up?
- 25:30 What’s the pros and cons of a Vestax controller?
- 25:55 What subwoofer should I get for small outside parties?
- 28:02 What’s the best way to manage playlists in DJ software?
- 33:15 What DJ equipment should I get if I want to use filters, Daft Punk-style?
- 34:41 How do you keep a dancefloor full over a 3 hour set?
- 35:43 What does Serato DJ have over Virtual DJ?
- 39:06 I’m recording a DJ mix using the Roland GO and Pioneer DJ DDJ-REV7, which cable do I need?
- 45:38 I only want to DJ with vinyl (no DJ software or computers), but I’d also like to play samples – is there a device I can use with turntables?
- 49:57 Why would a bar manager get mad at a DJ for people dancing *too much*?
- 51:55 I’m confused by the FX on my DJ controller, any advice?
- 58:13 What’s a smooth way of increasing BPMs during a mix?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course