In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we discussed how to choose DJ headphones, tips for music discovery, using split cue, and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 5:29 Does “personal hotspot” work on the Denon DJ Prime 4/other devices with built-in WiFi?
- 8:07 How can I better use Soundcloud for DJ music discovery?
- 12:31 For playing a listening-focused DJ set (no dancing), how can I transition between tracks that have big tempo changes?
- 14:56 What DJ headphones do you recommend?
- 16:45 Can I use my hardware-unlocked Serato DJ Pro license with a backup controller?
- 18:50 What’s the Pro DJ Link socket used for on the back of pro Pioneer DJ gear?
- 21:53 How can I get my levels right using IEMs?
- 25:20 Are the Sennheiser HD-25s any good?
- 26:25 Why is split-cue not included on more hardware, including controllers?
- 31:10 Besides Beatport and Juno, are there other places to buy WAV files?
- 31:42 Is it possible to map the tap button feature in Traktor?
- 35:17 Do I need an audio interface to feed a line level to my phone when uploading mixes to TikTok?
- 39:05 Can you tell us about your laptop-free music production set-up?
- 44:39 Should I learn producing or DJing first?
- 48:20 Will [insert DJ gear] be back in stock soon?
- 48:45 Does Digital DJ Tips have any promotions or sales for their online courses?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course