In this week’s Friday Roundup, some suggestions of tunes to end DJ sets with, a rare peek behind EDM’s ghost producer industry, and some medieval artwork that, bizarrely, perfectly encapsulates you and your pals on a night out. All that and more in our weekly muster of DJ news from around the web. Have a great weekend everyone!
- 10 Tracks For The End Of The Night – Here are some ideas on how to properly end your set right before the lights go on. This is only one person’s list, so do let us know your favourite end of night tunes in the comments, too! Thump has it Read more
- EDM Ghost Producer Shares Industry Workings – Ghost producing is an open secret in EDM, and most fans aren’t surprised to know that some of their favourite DJs didn’t even pen their own tracks. Some of them don’t even care! But what exactly does a ghost producer do? YourEDM has it Read more
- Why I Miss Cue Burn – Our pals over at DJ Worx talk about the human touch that mix errors bring to DJing, and why we should have more of them these days despite DJ technology preventing us from doing so Read more
- Dark Clouds Up Ahead for SoundCloud? – There’s trouble brewing for the embattled company that many consider to be a pioneer in remix culture and music streaming. The Guardian has the latest state of play Read more
- Organisation Tips For DJ/Producers – Check out these handy tips for keeping your DAW production environment organised and efficient. Dubspot has the article Read more
- These Memes From The Middle Ages Perfectly Describe Contemporary Club Culture – Highly accurate depictions of you and your squad were drawn more than a thousand years ago! Thump has it Read more
Feel free to comment on any of the articles in the section below.