Last updated 21 August, 2023
In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we discussed upgrading DJ controllers, sound quality differences between digital and analogue, what to charge for long DJ sets, and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 4:50 What is the best controller to upgrade to after an entry-level controller (such as the Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB3)?
- 8:25 What are the best turntables for my DJ livestreaming set-up?
- 11:42 How to quickly beatgrid difficult, non-electronic tracks?
- 14:08 What to charge for long DJ sets?
- 18:25 What’s the difference in sound quality between using mp3 and vinyl?
- 22:19 Is the Numark Mixtrack Pro still good in 2022?
- 25:55 Should I go for the Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3 or XDJ-XZ?
- 33:47 I’m a Rekordbox / Pioneer user, but found a venue with Denon DJ gear – can I throw some audio files on a new USB and show up?
- 39:16 How can I use a microphone while livestreaming with a controller?
- 43:20 I’m a producer that wants to start DJing – what all do I need to buy?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course